Grief Resources

If or when you face the loss of a loved one, we want you to know that you are not alone. There are many people within the HPU community who are willing to listen and support you. If you’re not sure how to find support, please contact one of these offices.

Student Life
Mabee University Center, 2nd Floor, 325-649-8017, or

Counseling Services (Health Services)
Outside Jennings Hall, 325-649-8195,,

Baptist Student Ministry
The Hub (across from Mabee University Center), 325-649-8319,

Residence Life
Veda Hodge Hall: Kelly Eason – 325-649-7343,
Jennings Hall: Christian Jaynes – 325-649-7418,
Taylor Hall: Zac Sterling – 325-649-7688,

If you need immediate assistance, please call the HPU Department of Public Safety at 325-649-8609.
If you have an emergency, please call 911.

In addition to people who care, here are some resources that may be helpful.

How to Support a Grieving Friend

General Information about Grief