Howard Payne University is a recognized military-friendly school. We salute our veterans and current members of the military. HPU is here to serve you by providing an exceptional educational experience. We are honored to have veterans, their family members, survivors and current members of the military as students.
Howard Payne University’s programs are approved for those who wish to receive benefits under the following chapters:
- Chapter 30 – Montgomery G.I. Bill – Active Duty
- Chapter 31 – Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
- Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 G.I. Bill
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- STEM Scholarship
- Chapter 35 – Survivors/Dependents Education Benefits
- Chapter 1606 – Reserve Education Assistance
Not sure which VA benefit you would be eligible to receive?
- Find out by clicking this link: https://www.vets.gov/education/apply/#modal
- Or call 1-888-442-4551
Howard Payne University’s Veteran’s Benefits Coordinator is located in the Thompson Academic Complex, Room 310, Brownwood, TX. Here, Military benefits are processed for students attending HPU’s Brownwood, El Paso and New Braunfels campuses. For additional information you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to become an HPU Yellow Jacket?
|1. Apply for VA Educational Benefits at the link seen above or at va.gov.||To receive VA Educational Benefits, the following documents must be submitted:|
|2. Apply for admission to HPU. VA benefit recipients follow the same admission process as other applicants.|| Required by the Registrar at HPU:
1. Official Military Transcript (if applicable, to receive prior credit)
|3. Contact HPU’s VA School Certifying Official. They need to know that you have been accepted to HPU and intend to use VA Educational Benefits.||Required by the School Certifying Official at HPU:|
School Certifying Official at HPU:
|1. Copy of your Certificate of Eligibility
2. Copy of your DD-214 (required for servicemen, but not required for dependents receiving transferred benefits)
3. Copy of your Official Degree Plan (located online on the HPU Gateway student account AFTER the student has registered for classes)
|Communication BETWEEN THE STUDENT and the SCO is vital for VA benefits to be paid correctly and on time. CONTINUOUSLY CHECK YOUR E-MAIL!!!|
To begin the admission process and use veteran benefits, click here.
Click the following link for common FAQs.